Pharmacognosy and phytochemistry Questions bank for B pharmacy sem-4
This pharmacognosy and phytochemistry questions bank for 4-semester b pharmacy is released by rguhs Bangalore, this contains all the important questions according to unit wise with PCI regulations.
QUESTION BANK FOR PHARMACOGNOSY AND PHYTOCHEMISTRY-1 THEORY
Unit-1 Pharmacognosy Questions bank
Long essays 10 marks
- Define Pharmacognosy. Explain the history and Scope of Pharmacognosy.
- Classify crude drugs. Classify crude drugs on chemical and pharmacological basis State Merits and demerits of Chemical and Pharmacological classification.
- Classify crude drugs. Explain morphological and sero taxonomical classification.
- Define evaluation of crude drugs. Discuss the microscopical method evaluation of crude drugs.
- What is evaluation? Explain Physical method of evaluation of crude drugs.
- Elaborate on Chemical and Biological method of evaluation.
- Define Adulteration of crude drugs. Explain the various methods of Adulteration and Detection of adulterants in crude drugs.
Short essays 5 marks
- Explain Quantitative microscopic method in evaluation of crude drugs.
- List thevarious sources of crude drugs with examples.
- Differentiate organized and unorganised crude drugs.
- Define Chemotaxonomy. Classify with examples.
- Define adulteration. Explain the four methods of adulteration of crude drugs.
- Explain Organoleptic evaluation of crude drugs with examples.
- Explain Lycopodiumspore method in evaluation of crude drugs.
- Explain the Biological evaluation of crude drugs.
- Define and classify unorganised drugs.
- Write the determination and significance of Ash value.
- Write the determination and significance of Extractive values.
- Explain the different methods to determine the moisture content of crude drugs.
- Explain the determination of swelling and foaming index of crude drugs.
Unit-2 Pharmacognosy Questions bank
Long essays 10 marks
- Explain the exentric factors affecting the cultivation of Medicinal plants.
- Define the terms ‘polyploidy’ and ‘mutation’. Explain their applications.
- Define polyploidy and Hybridization. Explain their applications.
Short essays 5 marks
- Mention the plant hormones and give their applications.
- Conservation of medicinal plants.
- Collection and processing of crude drugs with examples.
- Types of soil and soil fertility.
- Explain different types of pests and methods used to control them.
- Storage of crude drugs.
- Drying methods for crude drugs
- Define Mutation and give its significance.
- Explain the methods of cultivation with merits and demerits.
- Define Garbling in processing of crude drugs.
- Uses of Gibberllic acid.
- Types and uses of Auxins as plant growth regulators.
- Role of Cytokinins as plant growth regulator.
- What is mulching.
- Define hybridization and mutation,
- Define mutation and polyploidy.
- Coppicing and felling method.
- Drying methods of crude drugs.
- Methods of collection of barks.
- Edaphic factors.
- What is budding and layering.
Unit 3 Pharmacognosy Question bank
- Applications of Plant tissue culture for production of secondary metabolites.
- General nutritional requirements of Plant tissue culture.
- Different types plant tissue cultures.
- Write a note on edible vaccines.
- Explain the growth curve of Plant tissue culture.
- Define totipotency.
- Surface sterilization of explant.
- Growth index.
- Micro nutritional requirements of PTC.
- Advantages of PTC.
- Types of cell suspension cultures.
- Applications of cell suspension cultures.
- What are edible vaccines.
- What is micropropagation.
- Define explant.
- What is callus?
- What are the sources of Carbon and Nitrogen in PTC?
Unit 4 Pharmacognosy Question bank
- Elaborate on Ayurveda and Homeopathic system of Medicine.
- Explain the Unani, Siddha and Chinese System of Medicine.
- Elaborate on Ayurveda and Unani system of Medicine.
- Define, classify and general chemical tests for Alkaloids.
- Define, classify and give the properties for Glycosides.
- Define, classify and write the chemical tests for Tannins.
- Define, classify and write the Properties of Volatile oils.
- Define and Classify Resins and Volatile oils.
- Classify Resins with examples.
- Explain the chemical test for Anthraquinone and Cardiac glycosides.
- Short note on flavonoids.
- Discuss the principle involved in Ayurvedic system of Medicine.
- Short note on Homeopathic system of medicine.
- Short note on siddha and Unani System of medicine.
- Classify Volatile oils.
- Citrus bioflavonoids.
- Shinoda test.
- Keller killiani test.
- Test for tropane alkaloids.
- Resin combinations.
- Gold beater’s skin fest.
- General test for alkaloids.
- Borntrager’s test.
- Test for Steroids.
- Terpeneless volatile oils.
- Differentiate Cardenólides from Bufadienolides.
- General chemical tests for tannins.
Unit 5 Pharmacognosy Questions bank
- Give the B.S, Chemical nature and uses of Cotton and Jute.
- Write the B.S, Chemical nature and uses of Jute and Hemp.
- Write the short note on Natural allergens.
- Hallucinogens and teratogens.
- Give the Biological source, Chemistry and method of preparation of Agar.
- Describe the chemistry of Lipids.
- Give the Biological source, Chemistry and method of preparation of Beeswax.
- Give the Biological source, Chemistry and method of preparation of Urokinase.
- Write the preparation, storage and therapeutic uses of Castor oil.
- Classify medicinal agents from Marine sources with examples.
- Give the chemical tests for Acacia and Agar.
- Give the chemical tests for Gelatin and Tragacanth.
- Give the Biological source, Chemistry and method of preparation of Papain.
- Give the Biological source, Chemistry and method of preparation of Bromelain
- Give the Biological source, Chemistry and method of preparation of streptokinase.
- Give the Biological source, Chemistry and method of preparation of seratiopeptidase.
- Give the Biological source, Chemistry and method of preparation of casein.
- Write a short note on Chaulmoogra oil and wool fat
- Give the Biological source, Preparation and uses of Honey.
- Quantitative analysis of fixed oils.
- Feih’s test.
- Give the Biological source, chemistry of an antileprotic drug.
- Differentiate Agar from Acacia by chemical tests.
- Define Primary and secondary metabolites.
- Mention four proteolytic enzymes.
- Confirmatory tests for Tragacanth.
- Confirmatory tests for Gelatin
- Tests for Castor oil.
- Name any four anticancer marine drugs.
- Define proteins and enzymes.
- Structure of Chaulmoogric acid.
- Define Acid value.
- Define Saponification value.
- Define Rancidity.
- Name any four anti-inflammatory agents from Marine source.
- Biological source and uses of Papain.
- Method of detection of Honey.
- Tests for Mucilage.
- Differentiate fats and fixed oils