Sweetening agents: These are the agents that improve the taste of the product by masking the bitter taste of the partially dissolved drug and improving palatability.
Types of sweetening agents
- Natural sweeteners: Honey, Dates, Sugar (Sucrose, Glucose, Fructose), Coconut, Sugar, etc.
- Artificial sweeteners: Aspartame, Saccharin, Neotame, Sucralose.
Uses of sweetening agents
1. It is used pharmaceutical, and food industries.
2. Used to enhance the taste of food products and pharmaceutical dosage forms.
3. Some of the drugs may produce nausea and vomiting, which improve palatability.
4. Children also show interest in the oral administration of drugs because of improving palatability.